Monday, November 28, 2016

SPOTLIGHT w/Author Interview - Darkness Whispers (The Darkness Trilogy, #1) by Aubrie L. Nixon

Darkness Whispers
The Darkness Trilogy, #1
by Aubrie L. Nixon
Date of Publication: November 2nd 2016
Genre: Fantasy, NA/YA
Tagline: Throne of Glass meets Avatar the Last Airbender

BLURB
After witnessing something dark and strange on a routine mission, Sephera Travelle-- a nineteen-year-old assassin with a weakness for braided cinnamon bread and an affinity for murder--is thrust on a seemingly impossible quest to save her world.

Teaming up with her best friend Zadkiel and three warriors with flexible morals, she starts her journey on a search for a woman called “The First.” As a 500-year old cycle is about to start anew, creatures from the Dark Realm have begun to invade, bringing with them a dark and deadly plague. Sephera realizes that there may be more to this mission than simply finding “The First.”

She comes to realize that everyone in her life may not be quite what they seem, as more about the curse that separated their realms is revealed. She soon discovers the Dark Realm might not be so evil after all, and perhaps it is her realm that is filled with Darkness. She holds the lit match and must choose whether to resurrect the world, or help it burn.
Buy Link: Amazon
MY INTERVIEW WITH AUBRIE L. NIXON
How would you describe your style of writing to someone who has never read your work?
Oh gosh, this is like one of those questions where you have to describe what salt tastes like. I guess I would have to say its very much a mix of all my favorite authors style. You are what you read kind of a thing. Sarah J Maas has influenced my style a lot, Leigh Bardugo, Kathryn Purdie, just to name a few. Really its just a matter of what style I am reading at the time that tends to influence me the most.


What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write?
It really depends on what scene or character I am working on at the time. There is a scene in Darkness Whispers where two of the characters get drunk. So to prepare for that particular scene, I took a few shots and sat down to write. The next morning, not only did I have an awful hangover but my characters did too. For me, I like to know exactly how they are feeling, acting etc…. If I can’t relate or understand how is anyone else supposed to?

Do you take your character prep to heart? Do you nurture the growth of each character all the way through to the page? Do you proper watch to with development? Or do you build upon your character during story creation\?
I have a pretty clear idea about how most of amy characters need to act grow etc…However, some characters tend to surprise me. Two characters in particular come to mind in Darkness Whispers. Zadkiel and Chantry. Now, i wont spoil anything, but these two changed on paper. I had a completely different idea for them in my head. Sometimes the characters just take on a life of their own. They write themselves, instead of me writing them.

Have you found yourself bonding with any particular character? if so which one?
I can say that I love all of my darlings, but there are two that I love wholeheartedly, and they are the most fun to write. Chantry and Daegan are polar opposites. But any scene with either of those two taking the lead seem to be my faves. Daegan especially. He is such a poop head sometimes, but he reacts in situations how I would. I think I just called myself a poop head HAHA. A lot of people think I love Sphere the most, and that I am Sephera. While I do love her, I would have to say that I resonate more with Daegan than anyone else. Chantry represents my girly needs. Sometimes I want to feel pretty and silly but still be a strong independent woman. Chantry reminds me that its oaky to be both!

Do you have a character that you are working on that you can’t wait to put on paper?
Muhahahaha….I do! I do! I can’t wait for people to meet this character. Basically if Ramsay and Jeoffrey from Game of Thrones somehow had a baby, it would be this character. I have been working on Daegan’s novella, and this character plays a large role in Daegan’s past, so its been fun to get this character onto paper.

Have you ever felt that there was something inside that you couldn’t control? If so what?
I would have to say yes. There are so many stories and characters inside of my head. I don’t know where they come from or how they got there. Some of them are pretty dark, and I have to remind myself that I am not my thoughts. Like the character I talked about above, I am not that character, there isn’t a part of me that acts like this character, ever. So to answer the question, my thoughts.

Author Info
Aubrie plays mom to a cutest demon topside. She is married to the hottest man in the Air Force. When she isn’t writing she is daydreaming about hot brooding anti-heroes and sassy heroines. She loves Dragon Age, Game of Thrones and reading all things fantasy. She runs a local YA/NA bookclub with 3 chapters, and over 200 members. Her favorite thing to do is eat, and her thighs thank her graciously for it. If she could have dinner with anyone living or dead it would be Alan Rickman because his voice is the sexiest sound on earth. He could read the dictionary and she would be enthralled. Her current mission in life is to collect creepy taxidermy animals because she finds them cute and hilarious. She resides just outside of Washington DC.
Author Links:
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment