Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Spotlight - All the Wounds in Shadow (The Healing Edge, #2) by Anise Eden

All the Wounds in Shadow
The Healing Edge, #2
by Anise Eden
Date of Publication: August 23rd 2016
Publisher: Diversion Publishing
Genre: Paranormal Romance/Romantic Suspense

BLURB

For fans of Karen Robards and Shiloh Walker, Anise Eden brings us the mesmerizing sequel to her paranormal romantic suspense novel All the Broken Places.

Cate's enemies aren't just surrounding her―they're inside her head.

Therapist Cate Duncan has just accepted a job with the MacGregor Group, a unique collective of alternative healers. She’s excited by the prospect of honing her empathic healing techniques among others like herself―aura readers, telepaths, crystal healers, and more. The fact that Cate just started dating Ben, her magnetic new boss, is an added bonus.

Before Cate can settle into her new routine, the poisoning of a prominent neuroscientist draws the entire MacGregor Group into both a federal investigation and an even more insidious threat. Protected by Ben’s former Marine Corps unit, Cate and her colleagues must use their alternative healing methods to solve the crime as their patient clings to life. The responsibility of discovering crucial information falls to Cate and her parapsychological powers.

But for Cate, unraveling the mystery means reopening wounds that had just begun to heal―and in the environment of the Marine Corps unit, differences between Cate and Ben become clearer, straining their budding romance. When a new crisis looms, Cate must trust in her colleagues’ gifts and the strength of Ben’s love, finding the courage to confront her deepest and most terrifying demons―or her own life will be at risk.
Author Links:

Author Info
Author Anise Eden writes The Healing Edge paranormal romantic suspense series for Diversion Books. She spends most of her time tucked away in her writing nook imagining things that aren’t there. On those rare occasions when she emerges from seclusion, Anise may be spotted in coffee shops, staring at her laptop screen and silently moving her lips as she reviews bits of dialogue. Although Anise claims that she’s the one in charge, the characters in her head do sometimes make her laugh out loud at inappropriate moments.
Author Links:

INTERVIEW WITH ANISE EDEN
How would you describe you style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
I find it next to impossible to describe my own writing style, perhaps because I’m too close to it. I can tell you that readers have called my writing style “lyrical, yet accessible” and “fluid,” and have said that the way I write makes them want to keep turning the pages. I couldn’t be happier with that description!

What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)?
It depends on whether I’m writing a first draft, or editing. When I’m drafting, I try to get into a flow where I’m completely absorbed, and I do that best when I can work in silence and without interruption. When I’m editing, I’m jumping around the manuscript more, and I take a lot of mini-breaks to roll potential edits around in my head. At those times, I welcome distractions, and find myself doing things like taking the dog for a walk or checking the news online.

Do you take your character prep to heart? Do you nurture the growth of each character all the way through to the page? Do you people watch to help with development? Or do you build upon your character during story creation?
I don’t know if it will always be like this, but the central characters of The Healing Edge Series arrived in my mind already fully formed. I could see and hear them as whole, real people from the start. With secondary characters, I have a general idea of who they are, but they tend to develop as I write, and I may make changes to them to suit the demands of the plot.

Have you found yourself bonding with any particular character? If so which one(s)?
I’d say that I’ve bonded with all of the central characters in The Healing Edge Series. Each one reflects either some aspect of who I am, or who I would like to be. Even the secondary characters are people with whom I can empathize in some essential way; otherwise, I think I would find it difficult to write them.

Do you have a character that you have been working on that you can't wait to put to paper?
I have two, actually! I’m planning an urban fantasy novel set in a hospital, and the hero and heroine are so unusual and full of life that I can’t wait to put them on the page. They keep knocking on the door, asking me to tell their story; I have to keep putting them off because I’m still in the process of editing the third book in The Healing Edge Series. They’re very impatient!

Have you ever felt that there was something inside of you that you couldn't control? If so what? If no what spurs you to reach for the unexperienced?
When the impulse to write Cate’s story came over me several years ago, it felt like an urge that I couldn’t control, almost like a compulsion. ALL THE BROKEN PLACES, the first book in The Healing Edge Series, was the outcome, and the desire to write has only grown with time.
Author Links:

Hosted by


Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment