Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Victoria Aveyard - Debut Novel Red Queen 5stars Fantasy Adventure





 Victoria Aveyard
Debut Novel



Oh, my. This is certainly worthy of the award won from GoodReads as Best Debut Author of the 2015 year.  I found myself wanting more and more with each turn of the page. I was waiting with batted breath for the next step to occur. I found it engaging my senses on every level. I found the time to weave in between a gambit of emotions and feelings. I was on a series of should I or shouldn't I read the next chapter.  I got my young adult fantasy adventure 5star read under my belt for this portion of the year. I eagerly await the next. 

Mare Barrow was an intriguing Red girl. Living the life that she thought was her worth. She has those she loved and have lost to the conscription. She is red and nothing could every change that. Or so she thought. 

A series of unfortunate happenings plague her life and lead her to the one night she meets the one person that changes her life for the rest of her life. She has no idea that the path she is now one because of the wrong pocket picked would lead her down this road.

I have to say that there are moments when I though Mare was being made out to be dumb but it played into the hand that was being dealt to her. She had to go down a certain path to make things turn out just this way.  

I also have to say that I see a bit of a love triangle going on her. Mare's future is filled with test, trials, and maybe more of what she thought she left behind. 

I highly suggest that one reads the two short novellas that come just before the novel. There is very insightful information in them both that will help you with the twist and turns of the full length novel. 

This book started out as a book that I borrowed from the local library. By the time book 2 Glass Sword come out in February 2016. I will have it in my collection awaiting the purchase of the new release.  This is to be a four full length novel set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment