Thursday, September 29, 2016

Virtual Tour - Jackson Stiles, Road to Redemption Road to Redemption, #1 by Jo Richardson

Jackson Stiles, Road to Redemption
Road to Redemption, #1
by Jo Richardson
Releasing September 21st 2016 
Self-Published

From The Book Junkie Reads . . . Jackson Stiles, Road to Redemption (Road to Redemption, #1) . . .
The sarcastic banter was by far my favorite between Emma and Jackson. Emma was the one person, woman that Jackson could not stand. Until the day an offer was made and allies they became. Through it all they found a connection.

Jackson was the rough, raw, oh-so-male, dirty talker with attitude and snarky banter bad boy with a chip on his shoulders. Emma was more sassy that brass and the tenacity of a pitbull. She had her eyes set on the prize. More of a prize than any one person would think. She found that Jackson was on the same trial. She strikes a bargain and just maybe got a lot more than she anticipated receiving.

This was a fast pace, high impact, drama, mystery, suspense, and hilarious romance. This was a whirlwind of entertainment running different end of the spectrum depending on what part of the read you were in. There was no let down. Just page after page of it all. What is next on the Road to Redemption?

Blurb
Jackson Stiles is used to having bad days, but they’ve been especially bad since a certain tabloid reporter seems to have it out for him.

Emma Green doesn’t mean any harm. She simply sees it as her duty to report the misdeeds of certain Private Detectives who charge too much in a society where people need more superheroes and less villains; something even Jackson has convinced himself he deserves to be called, deep in his gut.

When the two of them realize they’re investigating the same suspicious circumstances, Emma makes Jackson an offer he only wishes he could refuse. But can the man who trusts no one allow the one woman he can’t stand help him get to the bottom of a murder he feels responsible for?

Exposed and unsure, these two unexpected allies come together to unmask the mysteries cloaked in plain sight while uncovering secrets within each other. A lost soul and a seeker of truth travel down the road to redemption and discover more than they bargained for.
Buy Links:  Amazon 


Excerpt
“Morning, Stiles.” The five-and-a-half-foot brunette that likes to make my life miserable is easily five-eight, maybe even five-nine, in the heels she’s got on today. Combined with the dark blue power suit she’s wearing, she comes off as all business despite the fact that she doesn’t make eye contact with me. She’s too busy scrolling through a bunch of bullshit on her smartphone.
I growl a response so it comes out as more of a warning than a greeting. Is it a bit much for this time of day? Maybe. Considering our history, I’m not exactly worried about her impression of me, though.
Emma Green is the latest and greatest “crime” reporter for our friendly neighborhood tabloid. And I use the term “reporter” loosely, by the way. Very loosely.
Doesn’t care about getting the story right in certain cases, if ya know what I mean, loosely.
Her name’s been on nearly every article the Redemption Chronicle has put out since she arrived from somewhere down in Florida. She shows up at most crime scenes, from burglaries to homicides, and has very much become a royal pain in my...
“You’re late, by the way. They were just talking about you.” She mutters and points, blindly, down the hall as she steps into the elevator. Which is my cue to get the fuck out.
My one and only cigarette calls to me from the front pocket of my button down. Thank God I remembered it. But quite frankly, I don’t have the energy to pull it out. Not that I wouldn’t get arrested if I did, but . . .
“And you look like hell.” She’s full of compliments today, I see.
“Fuck you very much, Green.” Not that I’m complaining. It makes it easy to respond to her in like fashion. And bonus: I’m feeling pretty good about getting the last word in on this battle of the banter, as the doors close but then they open again.
“Maybe you shouldn’t stay up so late playing around with your buddies over at the police department.” I look back to see her foot blocking the sensors that would normally allow the doors to close. She still can’t be bothered to look up. She’s too busy burying her nose into the iPhone.
Let’s be real here. Flirting is not her forte.
“I appreciate that enlightening bit of useless advice, Green.” Despite my attempt to be nice sarcasm spills out of every word. It’s only when she pulls her foot all the way in and the doors are halfway shut that I ask myself─ how did she know I was downtown last night?
Emerald eyes peer up at me as the question enters my mind. And I swear, she’s fucking smirking.
Between the pleasant smile and the way her expression lights up like she’s about to pounce, I’m not sure what the hell to think. I haven’t seen her smile like that since the day I briefly met her on the scene of a break-in I was hired to investigate. First thing I noticed was her smile. She seemed...new.
The next thing I noticed was her eyes.
Deep green. The grab-a-hold-of-you-and-don’t-let-go kind that make you wanna know everything that’s going on behind them.
And don’t even get me started on her ass. It begs for mercy because she, no doubt, runs it every day, then follows up with a pint of fat free yogurt and a jug of water.
Not that I’ve thought about it.
But I digress.
She was polite enough. Or so I thought. Asked me if I had any insider’s information on what had gone down that day. It’s not like I was rude or anything. All I did was tell her I wasn’t doing her fucking job for her.
I paid the price for that comment in the article she ran the next day. The headline read, “Local P.I. steals more from family than burglar.” I won’t bother you with the details, but let’s just say, the article was less about the break-in and more about what an asshole I am.
I mean, what the fuck?
I can assure anyone who has the balls to ask, I charge less than ninety percent of the dicks working the tri-state area. Just ask the bill collectors.
The asshole thing is still up for debate...in most circles.
Lesson learned here? Never trust a woman with eyes that stunning or an ass that tight.
Basically, I fucking hate her.
Buy Links:  Amazon 
Author Info
A movie fanatic, a writer of stories, a lover of life.
I grew up in Maryland with four siblings, three parents and an endless number of cousins within the vicinity – but it was too cold up North for this thin blooded girl. So today, I live in Florida with my two girls and a husband that shares my same sense of humor and basic take on life as we know it.
Life is too short to put dreams on the back burner.
I write both contemporary and paranormal stories that include mystery, suspense, humor, action, romance, and anything else I can think up.
Author Links:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | GoodReads
MY INTERVIEW WITH JO RICHARDSON
How would you describe you style of writing to someone that has never read your work? 
I tend to write first person POV a lot. But a tad further than that. Almost like the character is telling a story, and stopping to have a conversation with the reader every once in a while. It’s how my mind works, so it’s easy for me to write that way. I’m also very set on keeping a man’s POV like a man would think, so Jackson in particular, is very straight forward and to the point.

What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)? 

I usually read a few chapters from where I left off to get my head back into the character. I can’t do it cold. But there are times when they speak so loudly that I have to stop and go jot down a scene. It’s not always the most convenient moment. Sometimes I get out my iPhone and type it into NOTES so I don’t forget it for later. Or email myself. Or jot it down on a note and hope I don’t have a problem deciphering it later, as Seinfeld once did.

Do you take your character prep to heart? Do you nurture the growth of each character all the way through to the page? Do you people watch to help with development? Or do you build upon your character during story creation? 

I do take all my character prep to heart. But it tends to differ from book to book. I generally have already thought about who the character is before I start writing them. They stir around in my brain for a while. So I know their personality like I know my own. When I’m writing, however, I really just go where they take me. Outlines only work out so far for me. Ever. Especially with Jackson. He tends to say whatever is on his mind, so if some word pops out of his mouth that he just made up because there really isn’t one in the US language to properly convey his feelings, I go with it.

Have you found yourself bonding with any particular character? If so which one(s)? 

I really love Nick. Mostly because growing up, my older sister and I were a lot like these two. She was my mother hen, my best friend, and even though I might not have shared every feeling I was ever having with her, and we might not have seen eye to eye a lot of times, I knew she had my back. Still does.

Do you have a character that you have been working on that you can't wait to put to paper? 

YEP! Already started them. But I can’t tell you about them yet. SOON THOUGH. 

I got this one from a friend. If you could have dinner with 7 fictional characters, who would they be? OH man. This is a good one. I’ll try to stick to books only.

Okay, ready?

Frodo
Harry Potter
FOUR
Edward Cullen
Harry Dresden
Eric Northman
And of course, Jackson Stiles. *smiles wide*

I think that would be a MOST interesting dinner party. I’m super curious as to how Edward meeting Eric would go down. Front row seat to THAT conversation. I’d also like to see Jackson’s reaction to vampires.

Thank you, Jo Richardson
For the interview, the interesting response and most of all for making me smile. I loved your responses, especially to the last question on dinner companions.  Thank you. 

Thanks again
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
 Author Links:
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment