Thursday, September 8, 2016

Spotlight Tour - Blind Beast Mate by Milana Jacks

Blind Beast Mate
by Milana Jacks
Date of Publication: September 3rd 2016
Publisher: Inked Refuge
Cover Artist: Milana Jacks
Genre: Dystopian Erotic Romance

BLURB

When life deals a wild card, play it no matter the cost.

Since the day Rey’s defiance earned her a blinding blow to the head, fear has hovered as close as the guide dog that clings to her side. But the terror that grips her now is almost beyond description.

Like her sister before her, Rey has been sold to satisfy the lusts of one of the alien Beasts that now rule the Earth. If the towering, leather-clad Alpha discovers his prize can’t see, he could kill her with a flick of his claw. Or worse, send her home—where the only mercy she’ll get is a bullet.

From the moment the Alpha Beast spotted Rey smiling tenderly at her flowers, his desire to own her, body and soul, roared louder than his bike’s throaty engine. But the only smiles his new pair aims his way are forced—and oddly off target. She is liquid heat in his arms, yet ignores the notes and gifts he leaves for her.

If he can’t win her over, he can’t trust her with his own truth. And the combined weight of their secrets could destroy everything.
On Sale During the Tour for .99 at
Buy Link: Amazon
Excerpt:
The Alpha Beast grunted. A large hand framed one side of my face, and his mouth slammed down on mine, his tongue demanding entrance. Whistling and hooting followed his assault—he considered it a kiss, I was sure. His hand wound around my hair, and I could do nothing but let him invade. I pretended it was a romantic wedding kiss, a press of lips, subtle and gentle for the sake of an audience, but the Alpha clearly didn’t know what gentle meant. My back nearly snapped when he leaned forward and I leaned back. He deepened the kiss. For a second, I thought, he might swallow me whole. When his tongue swirled with mine and a low growl rumbled in the back of his throat, I stopped thinking altogether.

The Alpha Beast tasted fresh, a hint of mint and lemon on his expert tongue, not a trace of stale beer or someone else’s night-before lipstick. Growing up with a community whore had thought me to appreciate the small things and rejoice in those small things even at the most terrifying moments. I didn’t know what would happen to me with this man, but at least he didn’t taste bad on my sensitive palate.
After a minute, his kissing slowed and his tongue stopped moving. Not knowing what else to do, I stroked it with mine. With the tip of my tongue, I flicked his. The Alpha Beast groaned into my mouth and pressed me closer. He was so hard, I thought he might burst out of his pants and take me right over his bike. He could do what he wanted with me. I was his pair.
His lips left mine. My mouth still gaped, and my lips tingled from rubbing on his stubble. I’d never been taken like this before. The Alpha Beast chuckled, probably at my gaping mouth, and his rough, two-day-unshaven cheek brushed my soft one as his sharp teeth nibbled my ear. He whispered, “Your uncle swore to me you are a virgin. Swore up and down nobody’s spoiled you, and charged me an arm and a leg for your virginal pussy. Let’s be clear in case you aren’t. Tell me now so I don’t gotta drive back to collect his arm and a leg.”
I wasn’t a virgin, but I’d protected myself from abuse. In fact, I was so good at protecting myself that I traded rape trauma for a life of blindness. A trade no woman should have to make. I swiped away those memories and focused on the now.

The silence in the yard never sounded louder. I estimated that between his beasts and the community’s humans, about three hundred people watched and listened. Even Dark had stopped barking. “Can we talk about this later?” I whispered.
“No. Answer me.”
My body was still bent back, and he appeared a dark mass against the lit sky. I gripped the back of his head and tried to pull him down so I could whisper in his ear. I tugged, but he didn’t budge. Okay, then. “Maybe,” I said.
“Twenty says there be bloody sheets!” someone shouted.
I would’ve liked to keep our business private.
The Alpha Beast straightened, and three hard thumps sounded. He might’ve thumped his chest, but I wasn’t sure. It sounded suspiciously like something a gorilla did. He picked me up and plopped my ass on the back of his bike. The way he manhandled me suited me fine. He could move me from one place to the next all he wanted. Next, he removed my sunglasses and paused.
On Sale During the Tour for .99 at
Buy Link: Amazon

Author Info
Milana Jacks, author of Jade Dober urban fantasy, grew up with tales of water fairies that seduced men, vampires that seduced women, and Babaroga who’d come to take her away if she didn’t eat her bean soup. She writes about extraterrestrials and fantasy creatures roaming the Earth where she resides with her mate and their three little monsters.

When not writing about Jade, she writes sassy romance novellas for busy women who need quick hotness on their ereader pages. In her Newsletter, she releases discounted pre-order announcements and freebies. Poke her website!

Dark world. Brave women. Sassy Romance.
Author Links:

INTERVIEW WITH MILANA JACKS
How would you describe you style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
Modern, crisp, and bold with dynamic dialogue.

What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)?
I read the previous chapter. Plug in iPhone buds in my ears. Select music that goes with the tone of the scene. And then I vomit words.

Do you take your character prep to heart? Do you nurture the growth of each character all the way through to the page? Do you people watch to help with development? Or do you build upon your character during story creation?
I’m a character driven reader. I have to like the heroine and give a damn about the girl. This is super important in Urban Fantasy seeing as readers follow a one-woman show. With romance, the male takes over, and I really love developing a good hard guy because as a reader, I want to make the male my book boyfriend. As for building characters, when I start a book, I have a good idea what characters need but halfway in…that’s when they really grow. And I let them.

Have you found yourself bonding with any particular character? If so which one(s)?
Rey from Blind Beast Mate is a bonding kind of character. She is bold and sweet. Letting her go and moving onto my next girl was hard.

Do you have a character that you have been working on that you can't wait to put to paper?
Yes. She creeps up on me often, whispers her wants and needs. She is still a bit frail, a bit too whiney, and too needy. I need to give her courage or I won’t be able to write her story.

Have you ever felt that there was something inside of you that you couldn't control? If so what? If no what spurs you to reach for the unexperienced?
Hm. Well, I enjoy adventures and adrenaline rushes. I dive off cliffs and bridges just for the rush. I should tell you, my Husband steps in with: Oh hell no. =D  

Thank you for having me on your blog,
Milana Jacks
dark world. brave women. sassy romance.
Author Links:

Hosted by

Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment