Monday, December 12, 2016

SPOTLIGHT w/Author Interview - Enlightenment The Driel Trilogy by Liz Keel

Enlightenment
The Driel Trilogy
by Liz Keel
Release Date: April 21st 2016
Publisher: Fire Quill Publishing
 
BLURB
After losing everything, all seventeen-year-old Thea wanted was to be a normal teenager. Instead, she was attacked by a mysterious creature she thought only existed in fairy tales.

Now thrown into the unknown realm of Faey, Thea is forced to determine the difference between reality and fantasy, in a world ruled by a dark elite and a society wracked by intolerance and prejudice. With the support of her new friends and a mysterious dark haired, blue-eyed guardian watching her every move, Thea will discover that when it comes to Faey, nothing is what it seems.

Will her courage and desire to save this new world from darkness be enough? Or will Thea be the next victim to fall to the dark whispers of fate...
Buy Links:
MY INTERVIEW WITH LIZ KEEL
How would you describe your style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
I’m a YA fantasy writer who writes stories that have the perfect blend of fantasy and adventure. I particularly enjoy developing the characters and their relationships with others, and would say my books are fast-paced and have characters you’ll want to know and become your friends.

What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)?
I find I write best when it’s nighttime, I’m alone and outside in the garden in my writing shack. Music is a must for me especially when I’m writing particular scenes and I can find it helps influences my emotions or gets me in the mood for a particular scene. 

Do you take your character prep to heart? Do you nurture the growth of each character all the way through to the page? Do you people watch to help with development? Or do you build upon your character during story creation?
Yes to all the above. The growth of my characters is key to the storyline as well as enhancing the enjoyment for the reader. I strongly feel if you can create good characters everything else just naturally follows.  The development of some does come easier than others and absolutely I’ll use my own experiences as well as of those around me for inspiration.

Have you found yourself bonding with any particular character? If so which one(s)?
There are two that I can’t choose between! The first has to be Thea, the one the trilogy evolves around.  She is feisty, loyal, passionate and determined. You’ll see how her strength of character develops as a result of the challenges she faces.

I’m also rather fond of Bay, one of the friend’s Thea makes in book one. He’s one of those friend’s everyone needs – mischievous and generally good fun to be around.

Do you have a character that you have been working on that you can't wait to put to paper?
YES! And they’re in this series – the Driel trilogy. The only problem is I can’t tell you about them otherwise it will completely ruin the plot! I can tell you however, you meet them at the end of Entanglement (book 2).

Have you ever felt that there was something inside of you that you couldn't control? If so what? If no what spurs you to reach for the unexperienced?
I can be super competitive especially with myself – I’m always trying to push myself just that little bit more. This personality trait has helped me fight for what I want to achieve in life. Thinking of writing for example and the rocky road to becoming published, having faith in myself and knowing that I could do this with a little determination and self-belief has been so important to me. Even then, it hasn’t been easy and I’ve felt like pulling my hair out half the time, but achieving your goals, like knowing my book was out there for people to buy, is the most amazing feeling ever and makes it all worthwhile.  

Author Info
I live in Surrey, England, a short walk from the beautiful Windsor Park, with my husband Richard and our two gorgeous children Noah and Olivia. For me, writing is nothing short of an addiction and I often find myself sneaking out to my writing shed for just a few minutes, which can often turn into hours of pure, unadulterated bliss catching up with my characters and continuing their story.

In-between writing, I teach in a primary school where there’s never a dull moment! I will also often be found Kindle in hand, reading a wide variety of genres but with YA fantasy and paranormal romance at the forefront of my reading list. Although I’m currently writing the second book in the Driel trilogy, other characters involving all things fantasy, paranormal and YA romance are jockeying for position, wanting me to write their story next, so watch this space! It is such a privilege to share my stories with you the reader. Thank you enough for taking the time to find out more about me.
Author Links:
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment