Tuesday, November 8, 2016

SPOTLIGHT - Love in the Fast Lane by Melissa Kate

Love in the Fast Lane
by Melissa Kate
Release Date: November 8th 2016
Publisher: Fiery Seas Publishing, LLC
Genre: Contemporary Romance
BLURB
Racecar driver, Nathan Wolf, is primed to win his first championship. A thriving career and sexy holiday fling have Nathan riding the high life. But the past haunts him and could ruin it all.

After six long years, Brielle Woods has finally put the past behind her. Or so she thought, until she bumps into the hotshot who that turned her world upside down and left her...to raise their son...alone.

Can they overcome baggage from their past and give into the passion that still burns between them? Or will they lose the chance at true happiness and the family they both long for?

MY INTERVIEW WITH MELISSA KATE
How would you describe you style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
I don’t think I have a particular writing style but I do try to weave humour and light heartedness into my  stories and particular my dialogue. I write contemporary romance so the end goal is to write in such a way that the reader is transformed from the pages of a book to the mind of the characters.

What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)?
I tend to waste a lot of time and procrastinate before I get down to writing. (Ssh, don’t tell my publisher). I spend a lot of time on Youtube listening to music or watching funny videos. Epic fails is usually my go to time-waster. But this process is also helps me clear my head and gets me down to the keyboard. When the fingers hit the keys though, I need complete silence. I need to hear my characters voices and let the conversation flow.

Do you take your character prep to heart? Do you nurture the growth of each character all the way through to the page? Do you people watch to help with development? Or do you build upon your character during story creation?
I always start out with a character outline. What do they physically look like? Hair and eye colour. Quirks, tattoos, siblings, back story… these things all shape the basis of my characters. I go into the story knowing the type of personality the main characters will have but everything that happens in between, that’s a fly by the seat of my pants kind of journey.

Have you found yourself bonding with any particular character? If so which one(s)?
Yes definitely! But not in this book. My upcoming novel, It Had to Be You, both main characters are my absolute favourites.

Do you have a character that you have been working on that you can't wait to put to paper?
Not just yet. I try to focus on just one story at a time so I can give it my dedicated focus.

Have you ever felt that there was something inside of you that you couldn't control? If so what? If no what spurs you to reach for the unexperienced?
Not really but I think that also stems from the fact that I am crazy OCD so there’s always a controlled plan. What excites me greatly is travel. Experiencing other countries and people that share this earth with us but are so very different to ourselves… there’s nothing like it. Soaking in culture and traditions is a gift.

Author Info
Melissa Kate is a new author who lives in a small town along the coast in sunny South Africa. She writes for the pleasure of living in a new story and all the quirks and crazies that go with each character. A true romantic at heart, she loves the moment of falling in love. Her pet Beagle and maniacal lovebird keep her company while writing and often inspire senseless moments in her stories.

When she’s not furiously typing away on her laptop, Melissa can be found cooking or baking up a storm. Even she has to admit, she’s a pretty awesome chef. She has a small addiction with shoes which she attributes to her petite stature or as she likes to call it “Short girl problems”.

She balances her day job and conjuring up new romantic tales with a local personal blog with arb ramblings about her life in Durban. She’s been writing for years now, any bits that she can and she can't wait to share that with you!
Author Links:
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment