Friday, October 21, 2016

Virtual Tour - Winged Reaper (Reaper Series, #2) by Shelley Russell Nolan

Winged Reaper
Reaper Series, #2
by Shelley Russell Nolan
Date of Publication: October 1st 2016
Publisher: Atlas Productions
Cover design: Kris Sheather, Two Decade Designs
Wing illustration: Katie Litchfield
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Fiction

From The Book Junkie Reads . . . Winged Reaper (Reaper Series, #2) . . .
From what I have got thus far, Tyler has gotten the missing reaper and set thing almost on a better path. That was until the Grimm Reaper got in on something that was requiring Tyler to do a lot more than just reap souls of the dead. Everything and all answers led back to her hometown of Easton.

There were secrets, lies, deceit, betrayal, and tests that pushes one’s beliefs to the limit. Tyler has so much more going on this time. The adventure level has risen and the answers to everything may just change everything.  Watching Tyler meet and mount the tasks set was fascinating.

I really want to give this up to the highest rating possible, but I just felt like I was missing a few key details. I do recommend that if you have read book one, Lost Reaper, of the series to pick this one up. Tyler was on an adventure that just captivated me from the beginning to the end.  I want to entice you in to reading this one but I don’t want to give away the goods.

I am looking forward to find out what Tyler gets into next and who will be there to help and lend aid to solving it all.

BLURB
Secrets, lies and the Grim Reaper: a recipe for disaster!

Twenty-five-year-old Tyler Morgan is only alive—technically reborn—because the Grim Reaper offered her a job. Now she has to find a way to stop her ‘boss’ from starting a war that threatens the survival of mankind.

Weak and in need of fresh souls, the Grim Reaper has sent his Wraiths to Tyler’s hometown, Easton, and by the time he gets his fill, it could turn into a graveyard.
Tyler’s resolve is tested when old secrets surface and a new betrayal has her questioning where her loyalties lie.

Supported by the intriguing detective, Sam Lockwood; the handsome, wealthy Chris Bradbury; and sources she never expected to come to her aid, Tyler must fight her way to the truth if she is ever to find the strength to harness the powers she has inherited, and vanquish the Grim Reaper forever.
Buy Link: Amazon
MY INTERVIEW WITH SHELLEY RUSSELL NOLAN
How would you describe you style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
I write dark and suspenseful urban fantasy that is fast paced and character focused.

What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)?
I like peace and quiet so usually write when the kids are at school. I don’t write to music and get distracted if the television is on in the background. When the kids are home and I want to get some writing done I try to find a place to hide out but they usually come fin d me and promise to keep quiet (they never do though).

Do you take your character prep to heart? Do you nurture the growth of each character all the way through to the page? Do you people watch to help with development? Or do you build upon your character during story creation?
I learn about my characters as I writing their story. I will have an idea of who they are, but they often surprise me during the writing process. I usually jot down the basics, what they look like, where they work, etc, but I don’t go in-depth as I like to discover them the same way the reader does, by reading about them.

Have you found yourself bonding with any particular character? If so which one(s)?
I love love love the heroine of the first story I ever wrote. Sharon Chambers is a kick-ass teenager who goes to another planet to fight brain eating aliens. I was sixteen when I started writing ‘Intergalactic Heroine For Hire ‘and based her on my friends and I, on the type of heroine I thought we would be if we got to star in our own adventure. One day soon I am going to rewrite Sharon’s story as I would love to see it finally published. 

Do you have a character that you have been working on that you can't wait to put to paper?
There is a character I came up with years ago that I didn’t have the right story for. All I knew about her was that she was on the run and in trouble, and she encounters a mercenary of dubious nature who rescues her for reasons of his own. Two years ago, during a brainstorming exercise at a writing workshop, I came up with the reason why she was on the run and how it tied in to the mercenaries motivation in saving her. The idea for ‘Dawnstar’, book one of a space opera series was born. Now I just need to find the time to write it.

Have you ever felt that there was something inside of you that you couldn't control? If so what? If no what spurs you to reach for the unexperienced?
Whether I am writing or not, my mind can’t stop telling stories. I hear a news report and it prompts a story. I overhear a fragment of conversation and it prompts a story. A line of a song, an image. A feeling. A car license plate. Anything and everything can get the creative side of my brain working and with all these ideas filling my brain it is impossible not to do something with them. I write because I need to. It is a wonderful feeling to make my ideas come to life and complete a story that demands to be told.

Author Info
Shelley Russell Nolan is an avid reader who began writing her own stories at sixteen. Her first completed manuscript featured brain eating aliens and a butt kicking teenage heroine. Since then she has spent her time creating fantasy worlds where death is only the beginning and even freaks can fall in love.

A member of Romance Writers of Australia, Australian Romance Readers Association and Queensland Writers Centre, Shelley regularly attends workshops and writers festivals to meet other writers and readers.

Born in New Zealand, moving to Australia with her family when she was seven, Shelley currently lives in Central Queensland, Australia, with her husband and two young children. They share their home with two wrecking ball kitties, a deformed budgerigar and two dogs that are fairly normal as dogs go.
Author Links:
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment